• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Tool Issue

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a new document and click the text tool to write it won't let me type. I've checked the fonts, the sizes, the character styles, the colour, everything I can think of and nothing is working (it's also not working in photoshop or illustrator)
I tried to contact adobe support and they told me they couldn't help me and sent me here to post my issue.
Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

I FIXED IT I had corrupted fonts (for some reason) and it's working now- thank you both for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click-and-drag to make a text frame, and then begin typing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to make a text frame, I've been using this program for years. I can make a text frame I just can't TYPE into it. When I try to type it doesn't show anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies - your question was quite vague, and you did day "when I click the text tool".

If it's not working in any of the programs, then I am at a loss. Have you tried resetting your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I haven't, how would I go about doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried this and it didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rest my preferences with ctrl+alt+shift and it deleted them but it's still not working. Is there anything else I can do? Other than maybe uninstall and reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FIXED IT I had corrupted fonts (for some reason) and it's working now- thank you both for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how did you fix corrupted fonts?  I cannot select individual words in text box, whatever i do the whole text box just moves. i have tried removing master page burt nothing is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines