• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text turns white or transparent in InDesign while typing or editing

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm editing my text in an InDesign text box, every now and then all my text disappears. It seems like it's turning white, becasue the actuall text is still there but I have to either "undo" the edit I just did to get it back, or I have to "select all" and hit the color black (or whatever color it was) to get the text to show up again. Has anyone had this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall this happening to InDesign CS6 with, I think, OSX Mavericks on the Mac. What version of InDesign and OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm working InDesign I have experienced that all my text in several textboxes  on 2-3 Pages turns White. Has anyone had this problem? I am working in Adobe InDesign 2020 15.03. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the bug reported some years ago but didn't solved yet

take a look here

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/20408851-indesign-perfo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it never will be solved. Adobe's solution is always to "upgrade to the next version" (to the delight of shareholders). But that next version never fixes the bugs that have been lingering for years.

I am sticking with my MacPro 5,1 running CS6 as long as possible. No Cloud for me. Adobe has too much power now. They have reprised all the mistakes of Quark (though Quark Inc. was then and still is a private company).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since Adobe cn't be bothered to reply with an alternative solution, I will do their job instead. So when your default black text turns white you won't be able to choose that default black But..... you can create a colour swatch /spot that is just notched down from pure black to be a very dark grey. 

So when you generate a pdf next it shows very much the same generic black you had previouly.

Any questions if you don't understand what I've said - simply message back and I'll be happy to help!

Cheers all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines