Text variable synchronisation in several document

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have defined a book made of several documents. In the first one (reference for style) i have defined a text variable "Title" in one document which is inserted in the top of the master - the same used for all pages of the first document as well as all other documents. The title is well inserted in the top of each page of the 1st document but it doesn't appear in any of the other documents

I have synchronized all documents (text variable selected) but still Title doesn't appear. 

What I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for help

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne,

did you synch masters as well?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I selected in the synchronisation menu all including master. I tried also to delete all masters from the second document, then synchronisation and the master inherited from the reference document appears again but the text variable remains empty.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne,

could you do a small sample that is showing the issue with just two InDesign documents where the text variable is synchronized and a little text that is using the variable together with a book file?

Put the files on Dropbox or a similar service and share the download link. I'd like to have a look into the InDesign documents.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in the meantime I found a way. I changed the option for the 2 text variables by using "personalised text" as the text was fixed for all documents (TITLE and author NAME) instead of using the style of TITLE and author name in the first page of the reference document using the option "en-tête continu (style de paragraphe)". With this it is well synchronised in all document of the book.

Maybe the option "en-tête continu (style de paragraphe)" can work only within a same document and not across several. 

Thank you for your help. Anne

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines