• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Wrap around image not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the checks I found, but I can't seem to get text wrap to work.  The first image I dropped on my second page worked as it should, but the second image I dropped on the first page did not.  I tried:

• verify the "Ignore Text Wrap" box is not checked for the text frame
  • verify "Text Wrap only affects text beneath" is not checked

I dragged the image onto my two-column text frame.  It's a PNG if that matters, but it's just rectangular.

Thoughts?  I'm new to InDesign and this is driving me nuts!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

If you're absolutely sure that the text wap options are not selected, the next thing I'd check is how your text frame is created. Is your text set in a single text frame, split into two columns? Or is it set as two threaded text frames?

I've occasionally had problems text wrapping around "both sides" when placing a graphic over a single text frame with split columns. Not as severe as I've had happen with the dreaded rival Q, but it happens. I'd recommend trying to wrap text around only one sid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Yup.  Deleting the text frame and remaking it fixed the issue.  I'm sure I did something obviously wrong, but I don't know what it was.  Issue resolved!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot of your page, with the image selected and the text wrap panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you absolutely sure that “ignore text wrap” is unchecked in the text frame attributes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're absolutely sure that the text wap options are not selected, the next thing I'd check is how your text frame is created. Is your text set in a single text frame, split into two columns? Or is it set as two threaded text frames?

I've occasionally had problems text wrapping around "both sides" when placing a graphic over a single text frame with split columns. Not as severe as I've had happen with the dreaded rival Q, but it happens. I'd recommend trying to wrap text around only one side, and if it works, then switch back to wrapping both sides. Sometimes that works.

If not, then I'd try setting two separate, threaded text frames and try the text wrap again.

Maybe this will help,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reverting it back to one column, but the image still doesn't work with text wrap.  I also tried dragging the image over another text frame on the second page, and it doesn't wrap either.  Just the last two-colum text frame on the second page.  Maybe I need to re-create the text frame...

Thank you for trying!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup.  Deleting the text frame and remaking it fixed the issue.  I'm sure I did something obviously wrong, but I don't know what it was.  Issue resolved!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines