• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Wrap doesn't appear to work at all

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a document and have an image and am trying to wrap text around it.  Usually all that I need to do is open the text wrap palatte and click the way I want the text to wrap and it does it.  However, when I do this now, it appears to do NOTHING.  😕 HELP!

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

I'm going to assume that you have the image selected with the Arrow/Selection tool before you click on the option you want in the Text Wrap panel.

1. Does it work if you select a different option in the Text Wrap panel?
  2. If you delete the image, then go to the File>Place menu command, select it again and re-place it in your document (rather than just replace it), does it work now?
  3. If you use the Object>Clipping Path>Options... menu command to Detect Edges, then try Text Wrap options, does it work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Select the text frame that contains the text that you are expecting to wrap. Now choose Object > Text Frame Options and make sure that the "ignore text wrap" checkbox is unchecked. This could cause the behavior that you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to assume that you have the image selected with the Arrow/Selection tool before you click on the option you want in the Text Wrap panel.

1. Does it work if you select a different option in the Text Wrap panel?
  2. If you delete the image, then go to the File>Place menu command, select it again and re-place it in your document (rather than just replace it), does it work now?
  3. If you use the Object>Clipping Path>Options... menu command to Detect Edges, then try Text Wrap options, does it work then?

I've previously had good luck trying all three of these options to wake up a recalcitrant Text Wrap panel and get it working again. If none of these options work, I'd suggest resetting your preferences, as referenced in the link below, and see if that works.

Reset InDesign Preferences

If any of this works for you, please get back with us and let us know what worked for you. If none of it does, let us know that too and we'll see what we can do to help. There are some pretty smart folks around here who are happy to lend a hand.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the text frame that contains the text that you are expecting to wrap. Now choose Object > Text Frame Options and make sure that the "ignore text wrap" checkbox is unchecked. This could cause the behavior that you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good catch. That too ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines