• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Wrap Issue: Words Won't Appear

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to wrap text around a box with other text inside or just a simple object. However, the text inside my main box won't appear unless I turn on "ignore text wrap." How do I get it to appear while adhering to the text wrap I want? 

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Hi egivan,

I looked into your document: On pages 3-4 you have a large rectangle in the background with text wrap enabled.

Turn off text wrap for that rectangle and the text flow should work as expected.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eglvan,

could you show the text wrap options you enabled with that red rectangle?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

I've been messing with it quite a bit but right now it's set to wrap around bounding box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. If you now disable "Ignore Text Wrap" in the text frame where the text is showing the intended wrap should work.

If not, make a sample document available. Put in on Dropbox or a similar service and post the download link.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

I will add the link to the google drive link, it should open the InDesign project. I am working on re-creating magazine layouts and am having issues with the text wrap on the second one with all the orange.

If I click "ignore text wrap" to disable on the text frame, all of my text disappears still.

Mimic Exercise.indd - Google Drive 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi egivan,

I looked into your document: On pages 3-4 you have a large rectangle in the background with text wrap enabled.

Turn off text wrap for that rectangle and the text flow should work as expected.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, that fixed it! I never would have noticed.

Elizabeth 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines