• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrap not working in InDesign 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started using InDesign 2021 (v 16.0). It seems that Text Wrap is not working. I paste an image into my doc but none of the text wrap options work. I can click on them in the dialog box, but nothing happens. I can't get it to behave other than "no text wrap". If I take the same image, using InDesign 2020 (v 15.1.3.302), everything works as expected. Am I missing something? I checked to make sure the composition preferences are the same in both versions. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Actually, those things are already set. When you mentioned the possibility of a corrupt file, I created a new file just to test the text wrap using the same image. It worked properly. So this must be a corrupt file. Did some other checking in another file. Text wrap works ok there, too. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot with the frame selected and the text wrap dialog box visible would be helpful here. And try sending the image frame to the back.

Let's confirm that you are specifing text wrap correctly before we move on to troubleshooting a corrupt document, or rebuilding InDesign's cache and preferences. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I have...

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.06.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized the image wasn't selected in the previous image.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.10.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see—you are using an anchored image. That's why text wrap isn't working the way you expected it to. 

What is the goal? To get the ¶s to move above and below the image? If so:

1. Opt+click the anchor symbol in the top right of the image frame.
  2. Change the anchor position to Inline.
    wrap2.png
  3. Then click on the ¶ holding the image. 
  4. Change the paragraph alignment to Center. 
    wrap.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, those things are already set. When you mentioned the possibility of a corrupt file, I created a new file just to test the text wrap using the same image. It worked properly. So this must be a corrupt file. Did some other checking in another file. Text wrap works ok there, too. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines