• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrap problem

Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally every time I attempt to use Text Wrap the left side does not work.

No matter what figure I place in the left side box in the text wrap window, if the graphic I am attempting to wrap is not lush left a white space is left all the way to the colmn, or document border.

I am using the second text wrap option which wraps all sides and has happened for nonths.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and worse... the files I made in Indesign 2020 and opened in Indesign 2021 need to be converted to be able to open again in Indesign 2020 and have the same problem since... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a screen capture of the problem an attach it to your reply. It should show exactly the settings you have made on the Text Wrap option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tekstwrap.jpgTekstwrap2.jpgTekstwrap3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not what I'm getting in InDesign 2021 with either option 2 (Wrap Around Bounding Box) or option 3 (Wrap Around Object Shape). I've never seen what you're experiencing and I'm using the same settings. You could try restoring your InDesign preferences.

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 5.07.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 5.08.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, I also have this ...Tekstwrap4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did, and restarted my mac, same problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, then, I have no immediate soluton except that I've never seen that in any InDesign version I can recall.

Let's see if anyone else has an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However... if I ( and this is in Indesign 2020!) change the settings , I get the same problems of not wanting to put text on the left side...Tekstwrap5.jpgTekstwrap6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 75 years old and I know my refexes aren't what they once were, but I pressed Shift+Ctrl+Alt three times each time in less than a second and I got nothing. Is there any other way to delete preference files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't feel comfotable with the nanual instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey sid, don't feel bad... i`m only 56 and even i had to do it more than 5 times... try putting your left hand on the left shift control and then as soon as you got started the program push command option with the right ( or i presume visa-versa if you`re a lefty) it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines