Highlighted

The Background of the page won't export to PDF InDesign 2020

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I can't export my InDesign document to PDF with the same background. I keep the masters and then I override all master page items to modify the text, and when I do that, the background will disappear. Please give me a hand.

TOPICS
Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I can't export my InDesign document to PDF with the same background. I keep the masters and then I override all master page items to modify the text, and when I do that, the background will disappear. Please give me a hand.

TOPICS
Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear if the background is disappearing in InDesign, or if it disappears when exporting to PDF.

If it is in InDesign, did you draw a frame on the master as the background and assign a fill color to it? Do you need to override the background frame to edit content on the body pages? We need a little more information to help.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check in attribute pallete checkbox "non-print" of background? 

Barb is right - we are blind. Give us sample of indd page with a "bug" through some dropbox or yadisk service. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If any of the above-mentioned solutions or suggestions helped, please mark them correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0