Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The numbers in the text should go from left to right Arabic file

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have installed the English Arabic version and all is looking well. The text and text characters are going from right to left. But also the Farsi numbers! Which should go from left to right. How can I solve this?

Do hope someone has the answer

Lisbeth

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

It all depends where the text was originated, and how it was placed in InDesign. If the numbers aren't showing as expected in your publication, you may highlight the numbers, from Character panel fly-out menu access the "Character Direction" sub-menu to choose one of the three options there [ Default, Left-to-Right, or Right-to-Left ].

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39403693-indesign-2020-... - are you about this? Add your voice and wait it...

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends where the text was originated, and how it was placed in InDesign. If the numbers aren't showing as expected in your publication, you may highlight the numbers, from Character panel fly-out menu access the "Character Direction" sub-menu to choose one of the three options there [ Default, Left-to-Right, or Right-to-Left ].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with Zaid's response. In addition to follow his instructions, I'd request checking out this help article to know more about Arabic & Hebrew features.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines