• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Threaded text frames are not in correct order

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with my threaded text frames. The text frames are threaded on my master page and ID is set to automatically add pages at the end of the text paragraph (first setting under automatic text flow). When I place my text, the text is placed in order on each page. But when I now format and break text to the next page, it sometimes happens that the text is not moved to the next page but jumps several pages to the end (like 2, 3, 5, 4). I can't really recreate it, sometimes it happens, sometimes it is still in order. Can someone help if I need to use a different setting or if this is a bug? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show please Master page with Text Threads shown.

Did you import the text as one item using Primary text frame or added pages manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I attached you the master page. The setup is simple, I just have 2 frames that are threaded. The text is imported as one and ID automatically adds new pages so text won't overflow. Then I add formats to the text and break it to the next page at certain points. This also means that the text will move and ID creates new pages to avoid overflow. So the document consists of a double sided cover page (which is not connected with the text, other master page) and a very long threaded text over 6-20 pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you turn Off the "Doppelseltige..." option? Your master spread has different left and right pages, this may cause adding pages to keep the text on the original side/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I need it. The document is part of a book and if ID just adds a single page, the content on other pages (that should stay double-sided) move to the wrong side and stay there, even when I add another page to even it out. Strangely, sometimes ID just adds one page, even though it should be double sided.

And: if text in a threaded text is not fitting in a text frame, it should move to the next threaded text frame and not create new pages?! I mean, most of the time it works without a problem, but sometimes it ends up totally mixed like the screenshots ^^'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, could you please clarify what you mean by "first setting under automatic text flow"? There are settings in Preferences > Type > Smart Text Reflow that affect how text frames are added in a thread. Doesn't necessarily explain what's going on in your case but want to make sure we understand what settings you do have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I use the program in German, so I didn't know how it is called in English 😄 But yes, Preferences > Type > Smart Text Reflow And there the first setting, the end of the text paragraph. I also added a screenshot, hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines