Highlighted

Tibetan fonts in Indesign CC2019?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello all,

since there seem to be no activity in this old thread, i'll start a new one, concerning Tibetan fonts in Indesign CC2019. wrongly stacked characters, missing letters by showing squares; with World-Ready-Composer on, these problems still occurs. i'm copy + pasting from a PDF (where it shows correctly stacked and complete Tibetan text without a problem). working on a MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave, version 10.14, all of these fonts are not working correctly:

Schermafdruk 2019-03-02 19.05.04.png

Schermafdruk 2019-02-28 17.32.35.png

i tried all kind of work-arounds, like installing older versions of Indesign 2014, installing Hebrew or Arabic versions of InDesign CC, etc. no result unfortunately.

am i the only one? i find it hard to believe a huge market leader like Adobe don't seem to arrange a way to set Tibetan fonts... i really hope someone can support in this problem.

kind regards,

Jampa Tsomo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tibetan fonts in Indesign CC2019?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello all,

since there seem to be no activity in this old thread, i'll start a new one, concerning Tibetan fonts in Indesign CC2019. wrongly stacked characters, missing letters by showing squares; with World-Ready-Composer on, these problems still occurs. i'm copy + pasting from a PDF (where it shows correctly stacked and complete Tibetan text without a problem). working on a MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave, version 10.14, all of these fonts are not working correctly:

Schermafdruk 2019-03-02 19.05.04.png

Schermafdruk 2019-02-28 17.32.35.png

i tried all kind of work-arounds, like installing older versions of Indesign 2014, installing Hebrew or Arabic versions of InDesign CC, etc. no result unfortunately.

am i the only one? i find it hard to believe a huge market leader like Adobe don't seem to arrange a way to set Tibetan fonts... i really hope someone can support in this problem.

kind regards,

Jampa Tsomo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long shot. If I'm having problems copying and pasting with two programs that support advanced forms of formatting I will introduce an intermediate step involving either Notepad on Windows or TextEdit (in plain text mode) on a Mac. I will first copy and paste into the simple text editor. I will then select and copy everything before pasting into my final program. It sometimes helps. Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2019 1
Guru ,
Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were doing this project I would convert the PDF to Word first. I don't think copy/pasting from PDF to Indesign will work. Give it a try and let us know if it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diether,

Sorry to hear about this issue. In addition to the suggestions shared above, you can also refer to these helps articles:

Work with Asian type

Adobe InDesign Tips: Japanese/CJK Functionality + English UI

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Tibetan font that doesn't work is Kailasa (standard on the Mac), and it is nothing to do with pasting from a PDF. If I create a text object, and type in the Tibetan, or even paste in the Tibetan from a txt file, the stacking vowels don't work. Is there any simple solution? The links provided by the Adobe Employee are interesting, but ultimately not useful  - one is for Photoshop elements, and the other is for wanting to work the entire time in another language, which is not the case. I simply want to have an English UI, that allows me to type or paste Tibetan characters. I'd love a solution. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Tibetan unicode fonts that work fine in TextEdit, and that used to work fine in an old version of InDesign no longer work properly. (I'm on a Mac.) I need to update an old document that included large blocks of Jomolhari-ID, and now the line ends have black squares that I can't remove, some lines don't wrap, and a few stacks mess up. When I replace it with a different font (BabelStone or Monlam Ouchan), text-wrap works, but even more common stacks (such as sku, rgya and grwa) mess up. If I paste from InDesign into TextEdit, the stacks are fine, but then paste them back or retype them directly in InDesign and it's a mess. Please somebody help us!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only font that I've been able to get to work is LTibetan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love LTibetan and used it for decades, but the 5-year-old document I have to update was typed in a Unicode font, and LTibetan is not Unicode. It would be difficult to retype the document in LTibetan now because the lovely old WylieEdit of the 1990s no longer works so I'd have to use copy paste from an old document to get certain stacks. (I'm a whiz at typing in legacy LTibetan, but only for updating isolated words in my Ladakhi dictionary document, not for typing 9 pages of text!) 

Or do you mean there is now a Unicode version of LTibetan? If so, where can I get it?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 0