• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade? to the new Macbook pro 16.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade? to the new Macbook pro 16

Please help! I need someone with experience opinion!!

I continuously work in Indesign with a lot of pages (around 100)  and a lot of images of more than 2000 images that I have most of them in the pasteboard, as I am constantly editing the layout.

My question is that as I need to be very fast and efficient, therefore I was wondering if I do upgrade to the last MacBook pro 16, would it speed up the computer, a lot that I would notice.

I usually work in a "typically display" option. As are a lot of images and some time with an extra external monitor.

Most of the images are stored in the local HD. Still, I have some in external HD via thunderbolt.

The computer is not so fast on the last InDesign 2020 some time is a bit choppy when I have a lot of images and I'm trying to move them fast.

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014).

2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7     /    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB   /     Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

SSD 500 GB.

I would like to upgrade to the last MacBook Pro 16,

2.3GHz 8‑core Intel Core i9 /     32GM of RAM, 

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB

Would I notice the difference in Indesign 2020, would it be so much faster? It is a big investment! and I just wanted to make sure before.

I look forward to hearing differents opinions!!!

Thank you.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An iMac would give you room to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, an IMac I was considering it! But as I mostly work in different offices, it needs to be portables!!

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have a MBP 16 with 64gb and a I9 2,4.

All working better and faster than my MBP 15 2016 with a I7. With Indesign It's more comfortable for working. It's only 2 weeks with and i need more time but it seems to be very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Would you said that it is at least 20  to 30 percent faster??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you'll see an increase but how much is up to your processes. I would invest in the MBP16, minimum 32GB RAM, minimum 1TB SSD, upgrade graphics card 1 level. CC 2021 will also help once the bugs are out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines