• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC all links go to first page

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm really butting heads with my TOC....I've watched videos and read articles til my eyes have bled. 😃 All of my chapter headings are in a certain paragraph style, and I use that style to make the TOC. No problem. I add the generated TOC to the page in the book, preview it and every single link goes to the first page in the book. what on earth am I doing wrong?

carrie

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't told us what version of InDesign, what operating system or what EPUB reader you're using. Let's start there and then go on to see what's up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry....2014cc...i'm on windows 7....and reading with free viewer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In InDesign's Table of Contents options, have you checked the box that says, "Make text anchor in source paragraph"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i have it checked....=)

i do get an error on export that i haven't searched out yet....but didn't think it had anything to do with toc, but i'll include it just in case i'm wrong..

The file was exported but one or more problems were detected:

CSS name collision : 2 detected.

Character Style "1 Text" and "0 Text" generate conflict css name "_-Text"

Character Style "2 Text" and "0 Text" generate conflict css name "_-Text"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a long shot, but try renaming those 2 character styles so that they don't start with a digit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, grandkids were here. 😃

i changed the names and the error doesn't occur any more, thank you muchly. 😃

all the links in the rest of the book work correctly, taking me to an outside page...when i mouse over the TOC chapters, the mouseover says x.8096 ...on all mouseovers on all chapters in the toc. .

sorry, i'm really trying everything i can think of to get this project out the door, but i am stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using such an old version of InDesign? There have been tremendous improvements over the last several releases.

Try CC2018.1. There is zero sense trying to troubleshoot this on CC2014.

And again, what EXACT EPUB reader are you testing on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's called freeviewer..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not familiar with it but why are you still on CC2014? Download and install CC2018.1 and try with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc2014 is what i have on this computer while my other is in the shop...it was a job i needed to get done this weekend...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue with a print document and all the TOC page numbers linking to first page (i) not where they should go. Latest InDesign 2020, macOS Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mention "print document" but what kind of ebook output? EPUB also or PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines