• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC chapter titles disappear upon export to epub!!

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts,

Attaching two screenshots: one is of my ID TOC, and the other is my epub TOC upon export, in which the TOC entries are missing. What happened???

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Import and export , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the text really not there, or is it just colored white?

The TOC option in ePub export dialog is relevant to the ePub navigation panel. In the screenshot, we're just seeing the book's TOC page as it is rendered in the ePub. My first guess is that it somehow has aquired white coloring. Maybe it's a missing glyph thing too. Perhaps the font embedded in the ePub doesn't have these small-caps, and so is showing blanks? (But then the chapter numbers on the left are showing up and they are also small-caps, so not sure about that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot get a navigational TOC nor the book TOC to show up when I export from Indesign to epub3. I’ve gone through many forums and videos and I do know that:

the TOC is not placed at the end of my book,

the TOC is not on master pages,

the TOC is in black and white.

It shows up on and works well in PDF interactive form.

What am I doing wrong? I about to go bananas!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines