Highlighted

TOC epub broken links

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts, I have a TOC issue —

Some of the entries, when clicked on in the epub export, don't go to the actual page. Instead, they go to the title page (the first page) of the book. I suppose this has to do with broken text anchors of which I know nothing of, but is it something in the TOC syles box that I got wrong?

I'm attaching my settings if that helps and the error message that popped up when exporting. The thing is, some of the "missing" anchors still work in the epub export whereas others don't. For what it's worth, the faulty links were titles that had anchored inline images which were pulled into the generated TOC. I wound up deleting the images individually and then restyling the TOC. Did that have anything to do with it?

If I were to assign a new style to the text that is having anchor issues and then add the new styles to the TOC dialog box, would that remedy the issue when the new TOC generates or will make it worse?

Topics

Bug, EPUB, How to, Import and export, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

TOC epub broken links

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts, I have a TOC issue —

Some of the entries, when clicked on in the epub export, don't go to the actual page. Instead, they go to the title page (the first page) of the book. I suppose this has to do with broken text anchors of which I know nothing of, but is it something in the TOC syles box that I got wrong?

I'm attaching my settings if that helps and the error message that popped up when exporting. The thing is, some of the "missing" anchors still work in the epub export whereas others don't. For what it's worth, the faulty links were titles that had anchored inline images which were pulled into the generated TOC. I wound up deleting the images individually and then restyling the TOC. Did that have anything to do with it?

If I were to assign a new style to the text that is having anchor issues and then add the new styles to the TOC dialog box, would that remedy the issue when the new TOC generates or will make it worse?

Topics

Bug, EPUB, How to, Import and export, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, i think is a indesign bug

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines