• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC generation asks if I want to include overset... but there is no overset

Engaged ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm generating a TOC for a 3-file book using ID 15.0.3 CC and Windows 10 (all current).

I have generated a TOC for this book several times during iterative editing, and without problem. <Then there was the intervening upgrade to 15.0.3> Suddenly, generating the TOC asks me if I want to include items from overset text. Except... there IS no overset text. Preflight doesn't show any, Story Editor doesn't show any, and I can't find any. I don't believe I've added any manually. And there wasn't any the last time I generated the TOC.

When I say yes, include overset, TOC generates only the TOC title and no headings. When I say no, the TOC generates its TOC (and apparently correctly). This has not occurred in previous work-- in this doc or in others. I'm usually pretty good about not having careless overset text lying around in the text stream.

Does anyone know what might be going on here? What is ID's TOC generation seeing as overset text that Preflight and Story Editor do not? I've recently had some other formatting problems with 15.0.3 (with numbered figure captions not centering unless they are in a text field in an anchored frame), and I'm now wondering if the current rev is a wee bit buggy...

Summary: I have generated the TOC successfully, but I still get the warning when I do. This is not a work-stopper, but it is puzzling.

Thanks for any insight.

-j

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

I've never seen that message without actual overset text. As these oddities pile up, you might want to report them on the uservoice page and reinstall 15.0.2 from the CC desktop app for the time being.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that message without actual overset text. As these oddities pile up, you might want to report them on the uservoice page and reinstall 15.0.2 from the CC desktop app for the time being.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent suggestion.

-j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines