• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC partial population

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My TOC has broken somehow. I had it all populated and numbered using the Layout dialog box, corresponding with paragraph titles, numbers aligning on the left, spacing, etc. All was great except for a couple of minor issues - the leading was off for some reason and there was a line break that got interpreted as two pages. So I manually fixed those. That's when all went wrong. Now whenever I need the TOC to update it only populates with a small portion of the content - the rest seems to be clipped and living as overflow text - even though the text box is only minimally filled. I haven't changed anything that was working before (included styles, TOC styling, etc). Attaching screen shots of the TOC when it worked, and now that it's broken ... Any help is so appreciated 🙂

Thank you!! - Kristy

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the symbol after the word "First"? It doesn't look like a ¶. What happens if you delete it? Did you, by chance, add a break character between "First" and "Steps" on page 110? If so, try removing it and updating the TOC.

And when you click on "First" and tap Ctrl (or Cmd) Y for Story Editor, the rest of the TOC is still there, right?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved. But if the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can assist you.

If any of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, kindly mark the answer correct. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines