Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle between preview and normal

Dec 24, 2011 Dec 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the keyboard shortcut to toggle in between preview and normal screen modes---or does one not exist? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Ummm...

How is that done? Surprising that Adobe hasn't built one in, but at least we can 'fix' that. Thank you.

Of course it is built-in! It is 'W'.

This, is, of course, a problematic choice when you have the text tool selected (you must hit ESC,W).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new keyboard shortcut set and assigned ctrl + shift + 1 for normal and ctrl + shift + 2 for preview.

Take care, Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is that done? Surprising that Adobe hasn't built one in, but at least we can 'fix' that. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm...

Of course it is built-in! It is 'W'.

This, is, of course, a problematic choice when you have the text tool selected (you must hit ESC,W).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to double-post.

MikeWenzloff wrote:

I created a new keyboard shortcut set and assigned ctrl + shift + 1 for normal and ctrl + shift + 2 for preview.

The more convenient choice is Tools: Toggle view setting between default and preview because it is one key, rather than two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've setted my «w» key to preview with bleed and was wondering why the toggle wasn't working anymore. Thanks John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be working. Your choice of preview with Bleed or Slug should no affect the toggle.

See Replace Your Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe you mean you actually redefined the shortcut. I haven't played with that. You can set the default for preview to Bleed just by setting it in the toolbox with no files open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for reminding me how to accomplish this. My old mac could do this and I could not for the life of me find the TOGGLE setting for preview and normal. You helped me out a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Edit menu, select Keyboard Shortcuts...

In the Product Area: list box, select the View Menu. Scroll down to  Screen Mode: Normal and place your cursor into the New Shortcut box. Press the keys you wish to assign. I used the ones I listed above because there was not anything already assigned to them. You be told that you cannot modify the Default keyboard shortcut set and asked if you wish to create a new set. Answer Yes, base it upon the Default set, name the new set and then add the Preview shortcut to this new set.

Take care, Mike

Edit to add: You also need to click on the Assign button when creating each keyboard shortcut...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um.  This is life-changing.  I can't believe I didn't know this until now when I thought to look for it.  You have just saved me approximately 20 minutes per day of clicking in between the preview and normal screens!  Thank you! (8 years later).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines