• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many hyperlinks?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 160 page document contains 100s of hyperlinks with over 100 text anchor hyperlink destinations. When exporting to pdf, I receive no error alerts. But, viewing the pdf proves that around three quarters of the hyperlinks do not function. A little investigating has revealed that it is the latter 3/4s of the hyperlink destinations (alphabetically sorted) that fail to function. Those same hyperlinks can

Is there a way to correct this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

I didn't get any help from community or support, unfortunately. But, I believe I've determined the source of the issue. By creating a copy of the indd document and systematically removing hyperlink sets, exporting to pdf, and testing the later hyperlinks, I wasable to hone in on the issue.

One of my hyperlink anchors had an apastrophe in its name. By removing the apostrophe from the anchor, all hyperlinks in the guide began to work. I suspect the apostrophe corrupted the coding somewhere in the c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..Those same hyperlinks can be used in the document by selecting the "go to destination" option. I cut myself off there 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program are you using to create your document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, first time 🙂
The latest version of InDesign. Perhaps the wrong forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You want the InDesign forum, and I'll move you there now. 🙂

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't get any help from community or support, unfortunately. But, I believe I've determined the source of the issue. By creating a copy of the indd document and systematically removing hyperlink sets, exporting to pdf, and testing the later hyperlinks, I wasable to hone in on the issue.

One of my hyperlink anchors had an apastrophe in its name. By removing the apostrophe from the anchor, all hyperlinks in the guide began to work. I suspect the apostrophe corrupted the coding somewhere in the conversion-to-pdf process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines