Highlighted

Top level plug-in menu in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to InDesign plug-in development. I am looking to insert a custom menu in the top level menu bar. However, from the sample plug-ins in the SDK, I can insert any menu at Plug-Ins->SDK->Sample Menu only.

Is it possible to add my own menu in the top level menu bar?

Thanks.

Have a look at SDKDef.h .

There kSDKDefPlugInsStandardMenuPath is defined as "Main:" kSDKDefPlugInsMenuApplicationKey ":"

You can provide your own menu name as localizable string when you replace kSDKDefPlugInsMenuApplicationKey .

Besides, a "." prefix would mean to use the string as-is without localization.

E.g. try

#define RupeshMenuPath "Main:.Rupesh:"

Topics

How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Top level plug-in menu in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to InDesign plug-in development. I am looking to insert a custom menu in the top level menu bar. However, from the sample plug-ins in the SDK, I can insert any menu at Plug-Ins->SDK->Sample Menu only.

Is it possible to add my own menu in the top level menu bar?

Thanks.

There kSDKDefPlugInsStandardMenuPath is defined as "Main:" kSDKDefPlugInsMenuApplicationKey ":"

You can provide your own menu name as localizable string when you replace kSDKDefPlugInsMenuApplicationKey .

E.g. try

Topics

How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 1
Advisor ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E.g. try

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank a ton Dirk!!! Exactly what I was looking for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0