Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top of long PDF gets cut off when exporting

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is the alert that comes up when I try exporting. If there is no workaround to having an abnormally long PDF then I could always cut it in half, but I'd prefer not to. I was wondering if there was a way to keep my file the way it is without having the top portion cut off when exporting. I've attached my document setup if that helps.

Thanks in advance 🙂

616f7d99cd1eb760caa2480441c6094d.png

 

bf5bb0e7a12541478d808f6bd2b44a10.png

 

 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

What version of InDesign and which PDF preset are you using when you export? Acrobat/Reader has had a 200 inch limit, but I thought I read somewhere that the newer standards lifted that. 

I can't find anything online from Adobe to confirm this, but did find this one article: https://www.cadzation.com/help/pdfpagesize.htm:

In PDF Version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.0) and newer the theoretical PDF page size is 15,000,000"x15,000,000" but in reality most programs do not properly support any sizes above 200"x200"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign and which PDF preset are you using when you export? Acrobat/Reader has had a 200 inch limit, but I thought I read somewhere that the newer standards lifted that. 

I can't find anything online from Adobe to confirm this, but did find this one article: https://www.cadzation.com/help/pdfpagesize.htm:

In PDF Version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.0) and newer the theoretical PDF page size is 15,000,000"x15,000,000" but in reality most programs do not properly support any sizes above 200"x200".

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't think there's a workaround for your situation, take a look at the link below.

https://creativepro.com/beware-200-limit-for-pdfs/

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to go hunting for that. Still comes in handy after all these years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's common to work in half size for print work, but I see you are exporting to web. Other options include setting the PDF view option to single page continuous (splitting your file into two pages), exporting to .png or jpeg, or creating your file in Illustrator, where you can save a PDF larger than 200 inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines