Touchscreens

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has designed touchscreen wayfinding content using indesign? I'm looking to design a wayfinding solution for a University for 42" elo systems using indesign and wanted to see if anyone else had used it for this purpose and if its a viable solution.

Thank you

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Publish online

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign does have touch capability for Windows tablets and 2-in-1 devices. I do not recommend it for anything other than a quick mockup. It is most certainly not a viable solution for detailed work.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, I have done a test after publishing online and pushing to device and the touch screen hyperlinks work. Can you tell me what adobe software you'd recomend to use please?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you were referring to actually using InDesign to create layouts.

I may be an outlier in these parts but I am not a fan of Publish Online. For touch screen presentations, I recommend looking into in5 if you want to design with InDesign.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines