• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring content problems

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems in transferring content from one corrupted file to a new clean file,

Thr problem involves size. When I copy a page fom the old file to the new one it comes out larger, overlowing the margins. It is a very small difference but still causes problems.

I am going tp attach INDD files to illustrate the differece. The old one is Novenber and the new December.

Well, I was going to attach them but apparently teven one is too lage.

The problem is making the transfer very difficuly.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

New in InDesign 2021 (from their What's New page):

There are multiple factors, both internal and external to InDesign application, that can lead to document corruption. 

InDesign has an auto-repair mechanism that detects and automatically recovers a corrupted document. The recovered version of the document will open in InDesign prompting you to save the document before proceeding further.

Have you tried this new feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New in InDesign 2021 (from their What's New page):

There are multiple factors, both internal and external to InDesign application, that can lead to document corruption. 

InDesign has an auto-repair mechanism that detects and automatically recovers a corrupted document. The recovered version of the document will open in InDesign prompting you to save the document before proceeding further.

Have you tried this new feature?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't aware of that and I do not yet have the 2021 version, but I will look into this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines