• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translating a card to Farsi/Persian but text is inverted

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've already added Farsi to my language keyboard. I have a translated Farsi document that someone sent me as a Word Doc. When I copy and paste it from Word to InDesign CC 2018, the characters seem to be inverted and not connected and also aligning the wrong way. When I copy it from my InDesign CC 2018 to Google translate it pastes correctly. If you look at the first highlighted character on my document on the left it's the first character on the screen to the right. How can I correct this?

persian.jpg

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Actually, if you just have a few paragraphs of Farsi that you need to run right-to-left, and you don't need the pagination to be right-to-left, you can run these simple scripts. No need, really, to download the ME version if your needs are simple. The English version has all the ME features, it's just there is no UI to access them. Hope this helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1xc31opw66ebkt/r2l_scripts_for_id.zip?dl=0

For instructions to install scripts in ID (it's really simple), see here: https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-install-scripts-in-indesign.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I have found a similar discussion on Adobe Community link  https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/farsi-language/td-p/9313362?page=1
Please check and see if it helps you out.

You may need to install ME version of Adobe InDesign. Use https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html

Also, check out https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/arabic-hebrew.html for more information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Adobe InDesign does not support Arabic/Farsi. You need to download another InDesign version if you wish instead of removing existing copy which you have on the machine. To get another InDesign with Arabic support, follow these steps…

1_add-language.jpg

1. Click on the gear symbol on top of the Creative Cloud desktop application
  2. In the newly opened dialogue window, click on “Apps” in the left pane
  3. For Language, choose English يدعم العربية in order to have Arabic support in Adobe applications, then click Done button.
  4. Click on the three ellipses below InDesign and choose "Other Versions" to choose an older InDesign version that will have Right-to-Left capabilities for Farsi. 

2_add-language.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Zaid!

I got lost on step 4 though. InDesign doesn't appear as an app I have installed on my computer even though I obviously do. Please see the picture below. What can I do?

creativecloud.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what is included in your Adobe subscription, is it all Apps? I can see that Acrobat DC shows "Trial" button which is not included in your subscription.

Or perhaps you signed-in using another Adobe ID that's why some applications aren't showing in the list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the educational version. All the programs (2018) are included (although I can't update to the newer version) but oddly enough I don't even use any of the apps that show up on my screenshot with the exception of Acrobat. I am using the desktop version of Creative Cloud and double checked and I am signed in under the right account. I use the apps below the most and none show up under my "all apps" in the desktop CC. Can I provide you any other info that would be useful? I've been stuck on this project for a while and it would be great to complete it. Anything you could do is greatly appreciated.apps.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you switch language back as it was before "International English" perhaps or any other language if you remeber it, then see if the main window will show all apps again. To do this, just go through steps 1 – 3 in the screenshot I enclosed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching the language did help them all appear. I tried to see if "other" was available to download and it wasn't, it just says "uninstall". Does that mean I can't use my educational package to use the InDesign option to activate Arabic/Farsi?

apps.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if you just have a few paragraphs of Farsi that you need to run right-to-left, and you don't need the pagination to be right-to-left, you can run these simple scripts. No need, really, to download the ME version if your needs are simple. The English version has all the ME features, it's just there is no UI to access them. Hope this helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1xc31opw66ebkt/r2l_scripts_for_id.zip?dl=0

For instructions to install scripts in ID (it's really simple), see here: https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-install-scripts-in-indesign.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both very much. The scripts worked!! Thanks so much Diane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines