Highlighted

transparent images distorted when exporting to interactive PDF

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started a new job and of course am having an InDesign issue i've never had before and after days of troubleshooting I have not been able to resolve this issue - please help! you can download the design file here, feel free to send me a screen shot back as to what settings need to be activated for the export. 

when I export the PDF, the transparent overlay (header) on the master page looks like thisweird transparent overlay and distorts the imageweird transparent overlay and distorts the image

when in it's supposed to look like this

this is what it's supposed to look like..this is what it's supposed to look like..

Topics

Bug, How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

transparent images distorted when exporting to interactive PDF

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started a new job and of course am having an InDesign issue i've never had before and after days of troubleshooting I have not been able to resolve this issue - please help! you can download the design file here, feel free to send me a screen shot back as to what settings need to be activated for the export. 

when I export the PDF, the transparent overlay (header) on the master page looks like thisweird transparent overlay and distorts the imageweird transparent overlay and distorts the image

when in it's supposed to look like this

this is what it's supposed to look like..this is what it's supposed to look like..

Topics

Bug, How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try PDF/X-4

Screenshot 2020-03-23 at 21.36.14.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bdurston,

unfortunately downloading the InDesign document will not help very much. I guess, the issue lies in the placed and linked EPS files. They are missing so I cannot test anything, but like to try some things around changing spot color PANTONE 300 C.

FWIW: If all fails, open the EPS file in PhotoShop and render it.

Then substitute the placed EPS file with the rendered image data.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
bdurston LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks everyone for the tips! In searching for the wonky image on our massive company wide drive without any luck in acually finding it, i resaved the INDD file in on a specific network, and viola - i was SO happy. had been troubleshooting for 2 days.

stay safe and wash your hands!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines