• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent pages

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if there is a possibility to make white pages transparent in InDesing? I wish to create free shaped pages and was thinking about reaching this by adding white elements of needed forms on a transparent page. Maybe there is another way to change the shape of each single page?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

If I understand well, you want to create a book with rounded irregular shapes, is that right? First, you need to create theses shapes on “standard” pages, then fill these shapes with the colours you want to use. Then, you must indicate that theses shapes mut be cut off. So you need to:

• create a color that you will name “die cut”
  • define that color as a spot color. You can use a dark color (black is good) to simulate it
  • create shapes with a stroke using this color and place these shapes on a sepa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All InDesign pages are transparent oblongs on which you can place images (and type) of any shape and colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>  to make white pages transparent in InDesing? 

Transparent to what? they are already transparent, wide you mind 🙂

May be you just want to set another color to pages for proofing special paper? Here you go - https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-change-the-color-of-the-background-paper.php 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign uses the color called "Paper" for the paper color and is white by default. You can edit the color of Paper to match the paper you expect to print on. It does not put down ink for the Swatch called paper when printed.

What color paper do you intend to use for your form? Also, the color of the paper does not export to PDF, so try exporting your form before your get too far. You may need a frame with a darker fill to make the elements visible in the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers.

Maybe I have not correctly described my problem. I am trying to get a paper like this brown or sand shapes. I am going to use several colours (not exactly as in pictures). I have to create a file and export it to pdf so that I would be able to create a flip book from it and see something like in the third picture (all pages are shown here). Maybe it is impossible to do something like that with InDesign and I have to find another solution?

1 page.png 2 page.pngAll pages together.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried exporting it to PDF? You probably want to do that to test your project along the way and don't wait until the end. 

When you said "form" earlier, then, you did not mean a fillable form but something else?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand well, you want to create a book with rounded irregular shapes, is that right? First, you need to create theses shapes on “standard” pages, then fill these shapes with the colours you want to use. Then, you must indicate that theses shapes mut be cut off. So you need to:

• create a color that you will name “die cut”
  • define that color as a spot color. You can use a dark color (black is good) to simulate it
  • create shapes with a stroke using this color and place these shapes on a separate layer, over the artwork layer
  • do not forget to set the stroke as overprint to avoid that the stroke knocks out the underlying shapes
  • and the most important: speak to the printer/manufacturer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, this was exactly what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines