Trapping problem with certain fonts.

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know why this jaggedy weirdness happens when putting a very thin (.05pt) stroke on certain fonts? This is Meta Serif Pro. (Trapping stroke changed to red for visualization).
Thanks!trapping.jpg
TOPICS
Bug, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021
Open the Trap Presets panel to set your trap preferences. Here I’ve made a preset named Big Trap: Then you have to Assign the preset from the Assign Trap flyout menu—you can also change the [Default] preset which would get applied to all of the pages when there are no other presets: The traps only get applied when your Print Output tab Color is set to Separations or In-RIP Separations, and you set Trapping to Application Built-In: In-RIP Separations will print a composite with tra...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you are trying to maually create traps rather than using InDesign’s built in trapping and applying the trapping when you output separations?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, no: I learned this way of doing it way back and never figured out the built in Adobe Trapping system. I will investigate further, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the Trap Presets panel to set your trap preferences. Here I’ve made a preset named Big Trap:

Screen Shot 6.png

Then you have to Assign the preset from the Assign Trap flyout menu—you can also change the [Default] preset which would get applied to all of the pages when there are no other presets:

Screen Shot 7.png

The traps only get applied when your Print Output tab Color is set to Separations or In-RIP Separations, and you set Trapping to Application Built-In:

Screen Shot 8.png

In-RIP Separations will print a composite with traps. Here I Distilled the page with In-RIP Separations so we can see the traps in a print to PDF. Traps are not applied to exported PDFs, AcrobatPro has its own Trapping panel for trapping PDFs.

Screen Shot 9.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines