Highlighted

Trouble Exporting to PDF from InDesign

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 52 page document I created in InDesign. Each of those pages is a linked EPS file that was created in Adobe Illustrator. When I export the project to PDF 15 pages or so have random missing components of the vector artwork. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble Exporting to PDF from InDesign

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 52 page document I created in InDesign. Each of those pages is a linked EPS file that was created in Adobe Illustrator. When I export the project to PDF 15 pages or so have random missing components of the vector artwork. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place native AI documents into InDesign rather that EPS's.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. I will give this a try. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you Save-As an EPS to .AI and relink that graphic to InDesign and then export to PDF? Does the graphic show completely then?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the pages entirely created in Illustrator, and then placed and exported without any additional content added in InDesign?  

If that is the case, I think you would be better off saving the files directly from Illustrator as PDF, and using Acrobat to combine them into a single PDF document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's tricky. I am working on a project that was started 20 years ago in softwares and programs that aren't really used anymore. I've uploaded the 20 year old pdf documents into Illustrator to update the artwork (they are childrens piano book pages) and then linking them in InDesign because that it the format the files came to me from the printers who printed the original books. Also, I don't have any experience in Acrobat. 

Thanks for the tip though. I may still try it if I can't figure anythign else out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please let us know so that we can assist you further. 

Else please confirm if any of the suggestions above helped. 

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0