• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble in exporting interactive PDF. It works fine in preview and epub, but doesn't works in pdf.

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an interactive file which on clicking the button shows the content via buttons and states. It shows all the functionalities in preview perfectly. It even works when I export it into epub format and publishing online. But it doesn't work when I export it into PDF. Yes, I have selected interactive pdf while exporting. I also tried all other options in the exporting. Nothing works. Can anyone help me with this?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

I found the solution to this problem. I was using states and changing them from the button actions. Which was not supported in the PDF. So I converted the text into buttons and then change the action into hide and show. Then it worked.!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For interactivity for a PDF keep to simple hyperlinks (a word or words or an image) to other pages of the document or to external websites) you'll have issues if you use rollover buttons. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in Interactive PDFs.

ePubs and Publish online are quite different formats, based on HTML. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution to this problem. I was using states and changing them from the button actions. Which was not supported in the PDF. So I converted the text into buttons and then change the action into hide and show. Then it worked.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines