Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Installing plugin to InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a 7 day trial of InDesign installed via the create adobe creative cloud and I am trying to install Kindle Plugin for Adobe InDesign® (Beta)  (plugin found at this link Kindle Plugin for Adobe InDesign® (Beta))

On installation of the plugin it says that no Adobe Indesign can be found on my computer, I'm guessing this is because it's installed to the creative cloud, and therefore the plugin cannot find Indesign.

How can I install this plugin to Indesign while it is on the creative cloud. Or how can I install the 7 day trial to my desktop so that the plugin can find the adobe indesign program and install itself on there?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Create an ePub in InDesign and then use the Kindle Previewer to convert it to the mobi format: Kindle Previewer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That plugin in hasn’t been updated in years and is incompatible with the newest versions of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh well that makes sense then. Thanks for letting me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A note: CC is in no sense installed to the cloud. It's on your computer, just like always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an ePub in InDesign and then use the Kindle Previewer to convert it to the mobi format: Kindle Previewer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My book has images. Should I create an ePub file, fixed-layout or reflowable. I don't understand the difference. And when I convert to Mobi in Kindle Previewer, will it look ok or I have to start messing with contents and photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindle previewer fulfil the entire requirement of Kindle publication or we need to install Kindle Indesign Plugin for creating Kindle book layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the Kindle Previewer to convert your ePub into mobi format, the InDesign Kindle plug-in hasn't been updated and is obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questions about the Kindle plug-in for InDesign should go to the maker of the plug-in (Amazon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we design a book in Indesign and prepare for Kindle with Kindle Previewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines