Highlighted

TTC font didn't work in Document fonts

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a job at work where the customer sent packaged files. In the Document fonts folder there was a .ttc font for Baskerville.

Upon opening the file, I received a prompt that said the file was missing. The InDesign file was not recognizing the .ttc font.

If I didn't use document fonts and instead loaded the fonts into Suitcase Fusion, the font was no longer missing.

Is there a problem with .ttc fonts being in a Document fonts folder. My supervisor now wants to no longer allow us to use document fonts.
Not sure if this is necessary.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

TTC font didn't work in Document fonts

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a job at work where the customer sent packaged files. In the Document fonts folder there was a .ttc font for Baskerville.

Upon opening the file, I received a prompt that said the file was missing. The InDesign file was not recognizing the .ttc font.

If I didn't use document fonts and instead loaded the fonts into Suitcase Fusion, the font was no longer missing.

Is there a problem with .ttc fonts being in a Document fonts folder. My supervisor now wants to no longer allow us to use document fonts.
Not sure if this is necessary.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 19, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi colleenc1959,

TTC is a collection of fonts saved in the TrueType (.TTF) format. InDesign will not be able to use TTF directly, you have to convert it TTF format.

That is done through third-party software:

Please check some of them below. (These are not certified by Adobe)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The conversion worked for me, althoug, in a strage way. I extract the TTF files from the TTC in the Document font folder and suddenly the fonts were load to the INDD file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the font showed up in the file when you opened it with Suitcase fusion what happens if you package the job (File Menu>Package) with Collect Fonts checked? Do you now get a Document Fonts folder with the Baskerville included? And if it is, what suffix does it have and does InDesign recognize it through the Document Fonts folder it if you turn it off in Suitcase?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 1