Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off one button if another is ticked

Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In interactive I want two boxes one yes one no. If yes is selected it gets a tick. If no is selected it removes the tick from the yes button, i.e. only yes OR no can be selected.

I am sure I did this before but searching the internet with my clumsy search terms is not turning up anything. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Do not create Check boxes, but radio buttons and, that is important, give them the same name, for man/woman for instance call both Gender. Radio buttons (not check boxes!) with the same name act as or/or. You can edit the appearence of the radio buttons, for instance if you double click on it you can change the standard elips in a tick mark if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

you can do it in acrobat pro

Schermata 2020-07-23 alle 14.16.36.png

and in "check box2" the same script but change "Check Box2" in "Check Box1"

(obviously, you have to use the names of your check box)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, but I am sure I did this in indesign via grouping?

Perhaps I dreamed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can do it in InDesign with radio button

Then export as interactive pdf

Schermata 2020-07-24 alle 10.32.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that goes back to my problem, in the PDF i can still select both of them as positive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I found an old form that I did where this behaviour works and just copied the check boxes over, I have no idea what the difference is but it works. I should not drink so much then I might remember all this stuff haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not create Check boxes, but radio buttons and, that is important, give them the same name, for man/woman for instance call both Gender. Radio buttons (not check boxes!) with the same name act as or/or. You can edit the appearence of the radio buttons, for instance if you double click on it you can change the standard elips in a tick mark if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines