Highlighted

Two subsequent verso pages between documents

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book with multiple documents. One document finishes on a verso page, as per the screen grab below:

verso1.png

The next document starts on a verso page, as below:

verso2.png

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Two subsequent verso pages between documents

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book with multiple documents. One document finishes on a verso page, as per the screen grab below:

verso1.png

The next document starts on a verso page, as below:

verso2.png

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to kick the sidemenu of the Book window, and manually ask to update the numbering of all pages, in order to let InDesign reshuffle them properly.

As you can see in my (Dutch) example, it's also not correct. I moved the three page document between two one-pages, messed a bit with moving pages and Undo and all, and then the page numbering went astray. Just update the numbering.

Schermafbeelding 2020-04-26 om 11.05.19.png

Of course the numbering options of the Book itself need to be set to continue automatically. And check if there are any spreads in documents having [brackets] around their numbers in the Pages panel, to always keep them together (then they're not allowed to be shuffled automatically). They could block the automated sequence of pages forming proper spreads. (I don't see any so far.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0