• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type Kit fonts

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just downloaded CC and I use Indesign everyday- my issue: I don't know how to access TK type kit where the Adobe fonts are available? How do I access them? I saw a message that said to" click on the activate button" - but couldn't find it? And- I would really like to clean up and verify all the older fonts I already have on my system- in Font book and even older apps, any advice?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/siNVAYjByHs

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! George-S very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes, ... my apology - hit the wrong "reply" button - this was meant for George.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George!  Love your quote about "finding the right work-around".   Totally agreed!

Do you have a work-around suggestion to help me deal with "fonts & special characters" that are available on my Mac OS?  Need to use some of the special symbols to complete a composition layout in InDesign.  

BG is Photoshop and am learning how to use the basics of InDesign.  As a teaching-project for myself,  having fun with an Adobe-stock template to create an instruction manual.  (Already have an old-school background with layout and typography.)  The text content is composed and drafted up in sections, outside of InDesign, and imports nicely - except for the symbols needed.

Here's the ironic problem - the instruction manual is about Photography and the most helpful stuff learned for Adobe Photoshop - which requires using several relevant symbols/characters  âŒ˜ ⚙︎  âŒ¥, etc., .   None of these symbols will import and none of these symbols are available in the fonts or glyphs when working on the Adobe InDesign project, but as you can see here, they are available to my system.   Scrolled the entire list - got nothing useful.   

When trying to copy & paste a symbol, from any source, as text, it comes up as an empty box on the InDesign document. There does not appear to be anywhere to instruct InDesign to use my computer's Font book & Symbols, or to instruct my computer to make InDesign use my Library fonts & symbols.  

Any suggestions for this InDesign rooky will be appreciated very much!    

macOS 10.15.7  &  Adobe InDesign 2021 v. 16.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://creativepro.com/find-font-glyph/

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And about InDesign - 

https://creativepro.com/working-with-custom-glyph-sets/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank-you, ...  already have/had fonts added to my CC Library, but now find two related and now closed conversation-strings up-voting an issue regarding CC fonts and InDesign, as well.  (Which is also a problem for me too, now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted by moderator. Duplicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines