Highlighted

Type not clear when document is published online

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to publish a new sales folder online with InDesign and my type is "fuzzy" and hard to read.  Each element of the document was created with InDesign.  I originally tried to export as .JPG images at 300dpi.  Then, I "upgraded" to 2400dpi.  Neither fixed the issue.  Then tried to export as PDF (both for print and interactive) and the clarity of the type may be better, but the background now shows up transparent.  The document is published here:  https://indd.adobe.com/view/42817c71-e2fe-4d23-9b11-b6bad13c9d3b

The Falls Reduction Infographic and the Community Testimonial are both the PDF's I tried.  The other 5 fliers are 2400dpi JPGs.  Any suggestions?  Perhaps a different approach even?  I am new to the online publishing, so would love suggestions.  

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

When you export to Publish Online, placed images get sampled to the resolution you choose in the Advanced tab, so the exported pixel dimensions of the placed image will be its scaled size in inches, multiplied by the chosen Resolution. The resolution of the placed image doesn’t have an affect on the exported pixel dimensions, but you would want its Effective Resolution to be higher than the chosen export Resolution so that the sampling is down not up.

For example the image below has a dimension of 4" x 4" with an Effective Res of 498ppi. If I export to HiDPI (144 PPI) its exported pixel dimensions will be sampled to 567px x 567px (4x144=567). The only way to get higher pixel dimensions would be to scale up the page and image to larger inch dimensions:

Screen Shot 13.png

Here’s my example:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/fe77b9d7-3a34-4327-9fe8-7c97c2c96eaf

If you right-click the image, copy image, create a new document in Photoshop, and paste, you can see the pasted image has the expected pixel dimension of 567px x 567px.

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Import and export, Publish online, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Type not clear when document is published online

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to publish a new sales folder online with InDesign and my type is "fuzzy" and hard to read.  Each element of the document was created with InDesign.  I originally tried to export as .JPG images at 300dpi.  Then, I "upgraded" to 2400dpi.  Neither fixed the issue.  Then tried to export as PDF (both for print and interactive) and the clarity of the type may be better, but the background now shows up transparent.  The document is published here:  https://indd.adobe.com/view/42817c71-e2fe-4d23-9b11-b6bad13c9d3b

The Falls Reduction Infographic and the Community Testimonial are both the PDF's I tried.  The other 5 fliers are 2400dpi JPGs.  Any suggestions?  Perhaps a different approach even?  I am new to the online publishing, so would love suggestions.  

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

When you export to Publish Online, placed images get sampled to the resolution you choose in the Advanced tab, so the exported pixel dimensions of the placed image will be its scaled size in inches, multiplied by the chosen Resolution. The resolution of the placed image doesn’t have an affect on the exported pixel dimensions, but you would want its Effective Resolution to be higher than the chosen export Resolution so that the sampling is down not up.

For example the image below has a dimension of 4" x 4" with an Effective Res of 498ppi. If I export to HiDPI (144 PPI) its exported pixel dimensions will be sampled to 567px x 567px (4x144=567). The only way to get higher pixel dimensions would be to scale up the page and image to larger inch dimensions:

Screen Shot 13.png

Here’s my example:

If you right-click the image, copy image, create a new document in Photoshop, and paste, you can see the pasted image has the expected pixel dimension of 567px x 567px.

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Import and export, Publish online, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 13.png

Here’s my example:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved. But if the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can assist you.

If any of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, kindly mark the answer correct. 

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0