Highlighted

UI Cursor missing

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this week I've noticed a cursor no longer shows up in any of the User Interface dialogs. For instance if you edit a paragraph style and try to change it's name, there is no cursor showing in the text field after you click into it. Same goes with all the fields in the Control bar. Same goes in the Find/Replace fields. It's very frustrating to not be able to see where the cursor is within those fields. I think the cursor is there, but just too faint to see. If I make a screencast and enlarge I see a tiny hint of the cursor. See attached animated gif of cursor not showing up in 15.1.2. See attached screen grabs of 15.0.2 that show the cursor.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I'd request checking out this Adobe InDesign UserVoice post to know the status of the fix for this issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

UI Cursor missing

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this week I've noticed a cursor no longer shows up in any of the User Interface dialogs. For instance if you edit a paragraph style and try to change it's name, there is no cursor showing in the text field after you click into it. Same goes with all the fields in the Control bar. Same goes in the Find/Replace fields. It's very frustrating to not be able to see where the cursor is within those fields. I think the cursor is there, but just too faint to see. If I make a screencast and enlarge I see a tiny hint of the cursor. See attached animated gif of cursor not showing up in 15.1.2. See attached screen grabs of 15.0.2 that show the cursor.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I'd request checking out this Adobe InDesign UserVoice post to know the status of the fix for this issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further research shows that this is related to the Interface: Appearance: Color Theme selection. The cursor is matching the theme color. Dark theme = black cursor. Lightest theme = cursor to light to be seen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported as a bug and I think that Adobe engineers work on it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0