• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Un-booklet an older Pagemaker file that was converted to InDesign CS6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with an old Pagemaker file that was converted to InDesign CS 6 (Mac) a couple of years ago. The  problem is that it is in booklet format and we need it in single page format. What is the easiest way to convert this to single pages without completely redoing the booklet? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

The one thing you DON'T want to do is copy and paste from one document to another. That will break any story threading you may have. You want to keep the information in the same document and MOVE the items to new pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "Booklet format," do you mean that it is single pages, but in printer spreads, or is each two-page spread is set up as a single page? If each spread is a single page, are they in reader spreads or printer spreads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pages seem to be set up as spreads - as a single page spread - printer spreads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had better news for you, but I don't. The good news, if we can call it that, is you can set two document windows up and drag'n'drop them into a new document a page at a time. 

I'm responding on my phone so I can't provide a link, but you can search your InDesign help files or Google to find out how that can work for you. 

Hope this helps, 

Randy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I'm back at my laptop, I can provide the link for trouble-shooting problem files:

Moving pages from one document window to another

Specifically, you want to go to the section titled When you can open the document and flip the toggle for the unfortunately mis-named Copy page elements into a new document. If you save browser bookmarks for working with InDesign, bookmarking this help page in your web browser can help you deal with fixing a lot of little ills with InDesign file issues.

Hope this helps you,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many pages? Readers' flats or printer flats? And, do you want to create a facing page document of individual pages?

If it's what I expect (i.e. old-school printer's flats... before printers could do imposition from single page files), there's no easy automatic way, but depending on how many pages, you can probably accomplish what you want with a tiny bit of work and tweaking without having to redo the whole thing. I can write it out based on what your currently have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 26 spread/pages - printer spreads. We are hoping to create single pages in the new file so that single or only several pages at a time can be easily printed/saved/shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one thing you DON'T want to do is copy and paste from one document to another. That will break any story threading you may have. You want to keep the information in the same document and MOVE the items to new pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. I should've emphasized that when I talked about the drag'n'drop between document windows.

It's way to easy to interpret that with the unfortunate other option. Thank you for keeping me honest ...

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries. We're all here to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines