Highlighted

Unable to add working URL in Hyperlink tab

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a curriculum and trying to add a URL hyperlink to a text area but I keep getting an error icon (the small red circle in the Hyperlinks tab) with the message "URL is not available". The weird thing is that whenever I click on the error icon it ends up opening the link on my web browser, which means the link is working.

Anyone have any clue on how to fix this issue?

Correct answer by aleexmee | Community Beginner

Found the answer! Turns out it has to do with a "login wall" that LinkedIn has on their page to get people to log in before getting to see someone elses LinkedIn info. You can find more info on that here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/can-t-hyperlink-to-linkedin-profile-in-indesign-cc/m-p/9375497?page=1

Also, I noticed I was trying to export an Adobe PDF Print version, which doesn't seem to let you put URL hyperlinks, but it does let you add a mailto: type hyperlink! Weird... Anyways, tried it after everything on an Adobe PDF Interactive file and it seems to be working fine! Hope this helps anyone that's running into this issue.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to add working URL in Hyperlink tab

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a curriculum and trying to add a URL hyperlink to a text area but I keep getting an error icon (the small red circle in the Hyperlinks tab) with the message "URL is not available". The weird thing is that whenever I click on the error icon it ends up opening the link on my web browser, which means the link is working.

Anyone have any clue on how to fix this issue?

Correct answer by aleexmee | Community Beginner

Found the answer! Turns out it has to do with a "login wall" that LinkedIn has on their page to get people to log in before getting to see someone elses LinkedIn info. You can find more info on that here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/can-t-hyperlink-to-linkedin-profile-in-indesign-cc/m-p/9375497?page=1

Also, I noticed I was trying to export an Adobe PDF Print version, which doesn't seem to let you put URL hyperlinks, but it does let you add a mailto: type hyperlink! Weird... Anyways, tried it after everything on an Adobe PDF Interactive file and it seems to be working fine! Hope this helps anyone that's running into this issue.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking through the forums and it seems that this has been an issue since 2017.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/hyperlink-to-any-linkedin-url-s-are-not-working/td-p/9624509...

Is there a way to fix this with scripting or something? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/can-t-hyperlink-to-linkedin-profile-in-indesign-cc/m-p/93754...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0