Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to alt-duplicate drag pages in Pages panel in InDesign 2021

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I don't know if I accidently switched it off or it is missing in cc 2021 now but i cannot duplicate drag pages to where i need them anymore - in the pages window. It is really frustrating, the copy page ends up as the last page and then i drag it up to where i need it. Alt duplicate works with objects within the spread however. Anyone have any solutions?

#duplicate #alt #pages #page #pageswindow #drag #cc

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I just checked, it's working absolutely fine at my end. I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• OS and version of InDesign
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

You may also try resetting InDesign Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/user-guide.html/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.ug.html ) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have attached a lighter form of the same document below - OS windows, 2021 INDD. It has been the case with other documents but we use a template so perhpas its something in the settings within? This started propably since the last cc update, difficult to remember, I don't use Indd consistently. Hopefully theres an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the delayed response! File is working fine at my end. Did you try resetting preferences? Does it helped resolving this issue?

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have run into the same problem. I reset my preferences, and it's still not working. Instead of ALT making a copy, it just shifts the spreads. On further inspection, it works if I try to move just one spread. This is a very bizarre problem and completely disrupts workflow and efficiency. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aashim31256844osga,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble. Would you mind telling us the version of InDesign installed on your machine and the details of your operating system? Is this happening with a specific file or all files?

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Indesign v 19.2 on a 2023 MBP Apple M2 with Sonoma 14.3.1. It is happening with every file. I can only duplicate one spread at a time. If I choose a range, it just shifts it. I have reset all presences and manually deleted the preference folder from the Cache folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the details. Please try the suggestions shared in this similar discussion and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines