• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create new files on InDesign 2021

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else found that with the latest Indesign releases you ask for a new file and the command seeems to disappear into the ether?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't happen to me. Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

I'd suggest restoring your InDesign preferences and trying again:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

– You're stating you go File > New > Document  and nothing happens – is that correct?

Which version of your OS?

How much RAM?

Have you tried resetting your InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Yes, I can create a new book but not a new document

No I haven’t tried resetting the preferences as I don’t want to lose all my set up that I already have in place and I don’t know how.

RAM not sure, it’s my work computer but should be fine.

Kind regards

Libbie

[This is a public forum. Your personal contact information was removed for your protection by a moderator. If you choose to reply again via email, please remove your email signature, first.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: 428.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.34f2

Kind regards

Libbie

[This is a public forum. Your personal contact information was removed for your protection by a moderator. If you choose to reply again via email, please remove your email signature, first.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same or similar issue. I go to File>New>Document and the dialog box opens, but when I click Create, nothing happens. I am also unable to save document presets in this dialog box. Same problems when I go to the dialog box through the Create New button after opening InDesign.

I am on InDesign 2021, v 16.0 x64 (CC says it is latest version), OS is Win10 Enterprise ver 1909.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see an edit button, so apologies for the double post. This issue does seem to be temporary/intermittent; it may have resolved with a simple restart of Id, but I'm not sure. I am now able to create (and preview) new documents from the dialog box and home screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: okay so I have reset the preferences and then a few days later I ahve the same problem, so i have to reset the preferences again.... what's going on Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to helpful suggestions above, please follow troubleshooting steps given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...).

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines