• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to double click into a group or text box

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is absolutely driving me crazy. I have tried everything from resetting my preferences, to deleting the application's cachce, to downgrading/updating but I am still experiencing the issue. On top of not being able to double click to dive into a group, I am also unable to double click an image to readjust the crop, or to resize a text box by double clicking a handle..

Nearly any function that requires double clicking isn't working. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue.
I was able to solve it by switching over to the Nvidia Studio Drivers, instead of the game drivers for my GPU. Helped out with issues I was having with Photoshop as well, so I think that also helped fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try swapping to a different mouse? Or did you try to use that "alien-looking button" on the top Control Panel in order to sub-select into the group? Then after using that, does the double-click into a group speed technique work again?

Did you check to make sure you don't secretly have a big empty frame on top of what you are working on?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried a couple different mouses but still have the issue using all of them. I assume the "alien-looking button" is the one near the fill and stroke to "select content". Just tried that, however even after using it, I am still unable to use the double-click speed technique. As for the frame, I have tried to double click into groups on mutiple different pages as well as trying it in a new document but none of them seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue.
I was able to solve it by switching over to the Nvidia Studio Drivers, instead of the game drivers for my GPU. Helped out with issues I was having with Photoshop as well, so I think that also helped fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines