Highlighted

Unable to edit files after installing InDesign's recent update (15.0.2 )

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I got a notification saying my indesign had been updated to 15.0.2

Since then when opening documents they open ok and can be seen on screen but I cannot click anything. The app appears to have frozen. I have to force quit it. Then when it restarts it opens the previous documents fine and proceeds to work fine.

Task manager does not show indesign as crashed or not responding

I am seeing this behaviour on a pc running windows 1909, 32 gigs ram, 1080 ti, hex core i7 and on an HP zbook, quadro graphics, windows 1909, 32 gigs ram.

Is there anything I can do to diagnose this, as its a bit annoying to be frank.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to edit files after installing InDesign's recent update (15.0.2 )

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I got a notification saying my indesign had been updated to 15.0.2

Since then when opening documents they open ok and can be seen on screen but I cannot click anything. The app appears to have frozen. I have to force quit it. Then when it restarts it opens the previous documents fine and proceeds to work fine.

Task manager does not show indesign as crashed or not responding

I am seeing this behaviour on a pc running windows 1909, 32 gigs ram, 1080 ti, hex core i7 and on an HP zbook, quadro graphics, windows 1909, 32 gigs ram.

Is there anything I can do to diagnose this, as its a bit annoying to be frank.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates are not normally automatic.

I'm a Mac user, but I understand you need Windows 10 to run InDesign 2020 - you state Windows 1919 in your system spec - is that 10?

If you have this spec and have issues, try resetting your InDesign preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2020 0
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn on automatic updates in CC, which I have done

Windows 10 version 1909

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gareth,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please share the following information:

• Does the same thing happen if you create the new file?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • Did you try resetting preferences as suggested by Derek? Does it help to resolve the issue?

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I hope I am not cursing it, but the behaviour has stopped

Thanks for chasing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well of course I have cursed it and freezing is back aggressively today.

This is a real problem for me as when I reload all open documents are now 'untitled'

I am not in a position to send you files, they are commercially sensitive tenders.

It would just be great if Adobe would stop fiddling with stuff!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no use resetting preferences, I literally did a clean and new install of windows then installed Adobe. Its not preferences its buggy applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're sorry, Gareth. I understand your frustration. Is the application working fine now? Let us know if you are still facing this issue. 

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be clear, even after a clean install of Windows I get constant issues.

I suspect it has to do with fonts, I run FontBase to manage fonts, could this be part of it, the indesign font menu is braodly useles for me, particuarly when I try an look through adobe fonts, its so slow and buggy you click to activate a font and it appears to do nothing, then you cannot click it again. Seemigly quitting and retsarting fixes this occasionally.

I have never had issues with Fontbase before and dont believ this app it as fault. But equally I dont see tonnes of complaints about this so really dont know what to do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work better if you remove "FontBase" temporarily? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is working. Eventually I did live support with adobe and the guy went onto my computer. He simply did not have a clue, he even asked me to delete the fonts folder inside the windows operating system folder, TOTALY SHOCKING.

Its freezing left right and centre. Clearly this is only an issue for me, but really what else can I do? I new install of windows and it still does it. Adobe does not appear to have genuine tecnhical support just numpties blagging it, so I guess I am screwed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely sorry about this frustrating situation. I understand how you must be feeling at this time. Please try installing version 15.0.1 from Creative Cloud and let us know how it works.

Indesign 15.0.1.png

Also, I have sent a DM for case details, please check.

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the case details, Gareth. Please check and confirm if version 15.0.1 working for you.

Looking forward to your response!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 15.01 is installed, trudst me I have been watching for updates like a hawk!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
Participant ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I sent you via PM the case number. Any movement?

Today I have tried the following

Uninstalling indesign

Uninstalling font base

Manually removing the plugins folder for indesign because adobe uninstaller fails to do so.

The programme has not crashed yet, however I get massive lag spikes, I click something and after a lot of spinning it will do it then lag again. and with 5 documents open its consuming in excess of 2.5gigs of ram, is that normal?

Too anyone else listening is there genuinly no logs available for adobe products as the adobe assistant informed me? What ever the problem is it exists soley with indesign, no other softwares adobe or otherwise are misbehaving on my PC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to about this frustration, Gareth. I have replied to your DM, please check.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0