• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Launch Adobe InDesign. Problem with permissions. CC 2018 upgraded 10/25/2017

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive this message when opening InDesign CC 2018. "Unable to launch Adobe InDesign as you may not have sufficient permissions to access the preferences folders. Try deleting the preferences folders and then restart Adobe InDesign."

I've tried everything I could find in the forums such as deleting the preferences files both manually and using Shift,Ctrl,Alt and still nothing. I even tried opening up the application via "Run as Administrator" and I get the same error.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign and restarted the computer as well. My subscription for CC is for a company.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you deleting preferences and cache both. Is everything getting deleted because if there is some permission issue then some file will not be deleted. Please let me know if this is the situation.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anshul.

Actually, what’s happened is that I followed the instructions to uninstall InDesign. Then when I tried to re-install it, it’s only given me a trial version (there is an option to “Buy Now” shown in the CC dropdown menu. Not quite sure why that happened, has anybody else had that?

Best,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of the CC Desktop app and then sign in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea but no fix on signing in and out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you delete the cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We believe we have a fix available for the same. Can you follow the steps mentioned in the following KB document - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-fixes-october-2017-release.html and confirm if it resolves your issue?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried one more time Sanyamt and got this but still no fix for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart the machine and if you still encounter issue. Please mail me at santalwa@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. May I first say "DUH". I completely disregarded my own golden rule. "Restart the machine after any changes are made".

That did the trick Sanyamt. Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines