• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Launch app due to insufficient preferences

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help as I'm desperate to access my work. Every time I go to open indesign i get an error that says:

"Unable to launch Adobe InDesign as you may not have sufficient permissions to access the preferences folders. Try deleting the preferences folders and then restart Adobe InDesign."

I have done this, restarted my computer, checked the caches folder, checked the permissions (made sure they are on read and write) and nothing seems to help. Can't even locate a live chat or live support line where someone can help me to figure out what the hell is going on and I'm getting extremely frustrated. I have attached a photo of the error. Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 3.54.17 pm.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Hi Vanessa,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try steps provided on the community threads shared by Manan earlier and see if they help you. Please share version of InDesign and macOS as well.

You may also try logging in to root account(https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, follow these steps to repair permission errors: 

• Go to Terminal (Go Utilities Terminal.app) 
  • Execute the following command on terminal to provide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vanessa,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try steps provided on the community threads shared by Manan earlier and see if they help you. Please share version of InDesign and macOS as well.

You may also try logging in to root account(https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, follow these steps to repair permission errors: 

• Go to Terminal (Go Utilities Terminal.app) 
  • Execute the following command on terminal to provide permission: 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support 

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines