• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch InDesign 16.2.1 on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, I've just subscribed to Adobe CreativeCloud and downloaded InDesign on my laptop.  I've gone to open the program but it crashes on the loading screen where it gets to 'Starting Panels'.  I've sent a number of crash reports to Adobe but no response.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but still get the same error.  I've cleared cache files as per previous posts, and I've started it as Administrator and with a Ctrl Alt Shift Reset when loading, none of these have any effect, it sill crashes on the 'Starting Panels' part of loading.

Any help gratefully received so that I can use the software.

Software is the latest version downloaded (again) yesterday - version 16.2.1

I'm running an HP Envy Laptop with Intel i7 processor, 8Gb RAM with Windows 10 installed.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recommended RAM is 16GB but that shouldn't cause a crash. I know it's a new install but do you have any third party plugins installed? Have you tried a new user account on the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob,  I have created a new local user on the computer and this user is able to open InDesign.  I however still cannot as the Admin who installed it!  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Corrupt user profile? Been known to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would not be optimal, but might get you going - Previous versions of the program are available somewhere on the Adobe website (sorry, don't have a link handy); perhaps you could try to install one of them as a test, and maybe be able to start using it, anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not versions..version. Only the current and previous are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating.  I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you?

If not, you may try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Srishti, I have been able to open the program under a new user account, but I still cannot open it in my Admin account.  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a wild suggestion (I am also running Windows 10) but have you tried closing everything down including completely exiting from the Creative Cloud application (File > Exit then Quit). Then, without launching Creative Cloud first, right-click on the InDesign icon in your Start menu and selecting More > Run as administrator? That will force CC to launch again but you are directly opening InDesign first. 

sample-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you try this on a real Admin account (activated with net user administrator /active:yes) or a local account with Admin privileges? If you are using not real Admin account, there might be an issue with your permissions (it is a long shot, I know). If you want to try, follow this solution: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines