Highlighted

Unable to launch InDesign on macOS High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using iMac Hight Sierra, installed InDesign but I can't open it, I can't use it.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. In addition to the information asked above, I would request if you could share the following details:

• When you launch InDesign, does it give any error code or message?
  • Have you installed InDesign for the first time on this machine? If not, was it working fine earlier?
  • Login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: 
    • Go to Terminal (Go Utilities Terminal.app)
    • Execute the following command on terminal to provide permission:
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support 

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to launch InDesign on macOS High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using iMac Hight Sierra, installed InDesign but I can't open it, I can't use it.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. In addition to the information asked above, I would request if you could share the following details:

• Have you installed InDesign for the first time on this machine? If not, was it working fine earlier?
  • Login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: 

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try? Is InDesign 2020 fully updated?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the icon appears and closes. I tried using Create Cloud and Launchpad to open, it doesn't work. The app is fully updated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're need to contact with Adobe support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign?

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query. We'd be happy to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0