Highlighted

Unable to move anything with mouse INDD 2021

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the new install of INDD 2021, I am no longer able to move anything with the mouse.

• Mouse works in every other function on my computer - just not moving objects, text boxes (or anything at all) in INDD 2021.
  • Nothing is locked. This happens on new documents. This happens on old documents.
  • I am not on the master pages. I am on the live page - unlocked all objects on spread. Still won't move.
  • Start a new document - add something - don't lock it -- still can't move anything with the mouse.
  • I can select things with the mouse. Still can't drag anything with the mouse.

Anyone know how to fix this in INDD 2021? I'm on a PC (boo!). Please help. Everything worked fine 3 days ago, on the old INDD.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to move anything with mouse INDD 2021

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the new install of INDD 2021, I am no longer able to move anything with the mouse.

• Mouse works in every other function on my computer - just not moving objects, text boxes (or anything at all) in INDD 2021.
  • Nothing is locked. This happens on new documents. This happens on old documents.
  • I am not on the master pages. I am on the live page - unlocked all objects on spread. Still won't move.
  • Start a new document - add something - don't lock it -- still can't move anything with the mouse.
  • I can select things with the mouse. Still can't drag anything with the mouse.

Anyone know how to fix this in INDD 2021? I'm on a PC (boo!). Please help. Everything worked fine 3 days ago, on the old INDD.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I'm on a mac, I changed a font in a document and now I can't select anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved this, check on your master pages for this item. This is where I found the item that I couldn't select.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can alos hit "Shift" & "Command" to select that object to unlock it from the masteer page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0