• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to move/delete line item

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously drew lines on my page, but now I'm unable to move or delete the lines. What can I do?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Check if they are locked, or on a locked layer, or on a master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Ok so the layer is not locked, now click on the > sign to the left of Layer 1. It should open up and show all the elements on this layer. If any of these items has a lock icon shown against it that means its locked.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know which application are you taking about so that we can direct the query to appropriate forum for experts to resolve your issue. Some screenshots of your problem and any other relevant information will help in speedy addressal of the problem

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manan, I am using Adobe InDesign. Attached is a screenshot of my problem.

josephfaza_0-1591638716188.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you talking about these two black lines? Can you check if these are placed on a locked layer or these objects are locked themselves. Post a screenshot of your link panel with the layer expanded that might give a clue. In the meanwhile i am moving this post to InDesign forum for other experts to give us more ideas

If you can then share your document as well, upload it to a service like Dropbox and then paste the public URL here. Someone can quickly have a look and give you the solution

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a beginner to all of this so I'm not exactly sure how to do some things. Here I think are some screenshots you requested for

josephfaza_0-1591641377578.png

josephfaza_2-1591641430505.png

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so the layer is not locked, now click on the > sign to the left of Layer 1. It should open up and show all the elements on this layer. If any of these items has a lock icon shown against it that means its locked.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manan,

After playing around on the layers and clicking the drop down at layer 1 I found that the lines were locked. Thank you so much for your help. Issue is solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if they are locked, or on a locked layer, or on a master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I check if they are locked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help! It turns out they were locked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines