• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open/ save files from/ to Network in InDesign 2020/ 2019

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save a file. I get an error message. "Cannot save under new name. The file is damaged. Error code: 1 (or 0)." I also get message when trying to open files " you do not have permission or file may be open already."

I *can* save it as an IDML file.

I can also work on my desktop with no problems. I only have issues when working on a network.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark,

We're so sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Though we have a very limited support for Network and VM related issues( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html) but from personal experience I would suggest you few things which you must check:

• Check if this is happening with your user account only or with multiple users
  • Check if there is any antivirus or if there is any end point security or if there is any restriction imposed by your IT Team. Due to this sometimes server does not allow application to save but you are able to save outside the application.
  • This generally happens when network policies or operating system is updated, check with your IT team for the same.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines